Wednesday, February 2, 2011

5 Mandarin Song Compositions using the Pentatonic Scale.

Dear parents,

Happy Chinese New Year!

The kids were taught the pentatonic scale and to use it to compose a chinese tune. As this is a composition exercise, the focus is on the tune and not so much the playing. Some of them have not practised enough to make it smooth....so in the mean time, enjoy the tunes!
(The children are arranged accordingly to alphabetical order of their names)

1. Amelia's Song: I love ice-cream and piano playing.

I love ice-cream and I love playing the piano most (English translation)
我很喜欢冰淇淋,我最喜欢弹钢琴



2. Andrew: Rabbit Year is Drawing Near

Lyrics: Happy new year, happy new year. Rabbit year is drawing near.
"xin nian kuai le"Happy new year, play a tune and let us cheer!


3. Chinese Food

Lyrics: I love "han bao bao", (hamburger) I love "san wen zi" (sandwiches)
I love to eat rice with soya sauce.




4. Noah: Let's Have Pie

Lyrics: Gongxi, gongxi, gongxifacai
Happy new year, let's have pie.
Gongxi, gongxi, gongxifacai
Happy new year, let us eat pie!



5. Tallula: xiao bai ma (little white horse) - Tallula was born in the year of the horse.

我是一只小白马, 我最喜欢我的爸爸!
I am a white horse, I love my daddy most!


No comments:

Post a Comment